This past weekend, my friend Jordan and I packed our weekend bags and set out for Madrid. In order to get there, we took a petit taxi > grand taxi > train > grand taxi > plane > metro. As you can see, it was quite the journey, but well worth it.
If you’re on my facebook, you probably already know that my iPhone was stolen at lunch one day. However, I didn’t let it ruin my trip. I have decided to dedicate this post to all of the other beautiful things that I did/happened on our trip to Spain!
- Our hostel we stayed in was great!
- Jordan turned on the lights when we first got there at 3 am, waking everyone up. “The Americans have arrived!” : P
- Then she fell down the stairs, making everyone we just woke up giggle.
- We met Ali from San Fransisco
- We took a walking tour where we saw the World’s Oldest Restaurant, the Royal Palace, etc
- I got to play a Spanish king known as the “lazy king” in front of our tour group
- We ate paella almost every day
- We saw a temple donated to Spain by Egypt
- We spent time in a gorgeous rose garden
- We listened to street performers
- We took pictures with the famous bear statue
- We indulged in a taste of the West with Dunkin’ Donuts
- Spent time in Buen Retiro Park
- Ate tapas on a tapas tour of Madrid
- I drank tons of XXL Sangria, my favorite
- I tried ordering food in Spanish… and accidently ordered two of everything
- Ate some great Thai food (I miss Chang Thai!)
- Visited the “Museo de Jambon” ate tried expensive hams
- Found some great gifts for my family and friends
- Made it home safe and sound
I recommend Madrid to anyone that wants to visit Spain. As one of my favorite professors told me, Madrid is great for getting lost to the city late at night. It was so refreshing to walk around late into the night, exploring the beauty of the city.
With much love,